How To Protect Your Human Hair Prosthesis From Damage?
Go Back to Frequently Asked Questions
It is a good idea to take some precautions when caring for your human hair prosthesis or wig. Extra care may extend the lifespan of the hair replacement that you will choose. Here are some helpful tips to help to protect your wig or hair prosthesis.
- Set the hairdryer on the low heat or cool setting
- Let the hair prosthesis air dry when possible
- Follow the recommended instructions for washing and conditioning the hair
- Keep your scalp clean underneath the wig
- Do not sleep in the wig that you will be wearing during the day
- The use of heated styling tools may damage the human hair and reduce the lifespan of the hair.
- To maintain the quality of the hair, wash and condition on a regular basis.
- Be sure to rinse the inside of the cap well to remove the residue of shampoos and conditioners
- Do not apply conditioner directly to the base of the cap where the hair is attached
- Brush thoroughly and remove all of the loose hair and remove tangles from the hair before washing. This will help to prevent tangling when washing.
- Some gels and hair sprays may cause tangling and matting of the hair
- Use warm or cool water when caring for your hair
- Excessive heat can damage the hair.