Here are some tips for styling of your hair prosthesis
- Choose a stylist that has been recommended to you by a friend or by someone who has a style or cut that you really like.
- Ask the stylist is he or she is comfortable with cutting and styling a hair prosthesis. Many stylists are very familiar with cutting and styling wigs.
- Discuss the situation with the stylist
- If you are uncomfortable visiting a salon when other clients are there, ask the stylist if she would schedule your appointment before opening hours or after hours for more privacy.
- Many stylists will also come to your home if you request a home appointment.
- For the human hair prostheses, avoid the use of heated styling products with the highest setting or extreme heat.
- For Synthetic fiber wigs or prostheses that need to be slightly trimmed, do not use any heated styling tools. This may permanently damage the fiber. Synthetic fiber wigs should be washed in cool water and air dried. Avoid all heat.
- Avoid excessive use of styling products such as gels and hair spray. It may cause the human hair to tangle and could be difficult to remove when washing.
If you have any questions or want to learn more about Confident Reflections hair prostheses, please give us a call at 770-453-9080.